top of page
Recipe of the Week
Couscous Confetti Salad
Couscous is a pasta from northern Africa that cooks almost instantly and, in this dish, helps make a beautiful, flavorful salad. Whole-wheat couscous is sold in natural food stores and some supermarkets.
About the Recipe
194 Calories · 5.2 g Protein · 4.2 g Fiber
Makes 8 1-cup Servings
dry whole-wheat couscous (1 1/2 cups)
boiling water (2 cups)
green onions, finely chopped, including tops (3)
red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced (1)
carrot, grated (1)
finely shredded red cabbage (1 cup)
finely chopped fresh parsley (1/2 cup)
golden raisins or chopped dried apricots (1/2 cup)
juice of lemon (1)
seasoned rice vinegar (1/4 cup)
curry powder (1 tsp.)
salt (1 1/2 tsp.)
1. In a large bowl, combine couscous and boiling water.
2. Stir to mix, then cover and let stand until all the water has been absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
3. Add green onions, bell pepper, carrot, cabbage, parsley, and raisins or apricots.
4. In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, vinegar, curry powder, and salt.
5. Add to salad and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Per 1-cup serving Calories: 194 Fat: 2.1 g Saturated Fat: 0.3 g Calories from Fat: 9.8% Cholesterol: 0 mg Protein: 5.2 g Carbohydrates: 40.2 g Sugar: 10 g Fiber: 4.2 g Sodium: 283 mg Calcium: 33 mg Iron: 1.1 mg Vitamin C: 40.9 mg Beta-Carotene: 1,157 mcg Vitamin E: 0.7 mg
bottom of page